West Meadows is composed of twelve (12) diverse groupings of homes. They are listed below and are informally referred to as villages. The architecture and legal/budget structures differ within many of the villages. West Meadows offers single family homes, townhomes and maintenance free villas, gated and ungated.
The West Meadows Community Club facilities include soccer and baseball fields, basketball and volleyball courts, four lighted tennis courts, a playground, a fitness center, a splash pad for the little ones, an Olympic sized lap pool which is heated during the winter months and a family pool which includes a slide, a concessions area, dog park and jogging and walking trails.
Private & Group tennis lessons are available for all ages from our certified USPTA professional. Contact Chet Benson at chet.benson@Verizon.net or call (813) 977-1160
[ Our History ]
Since the transition in 2004 of the CDD Board from the developer to the residents, the CDD record of accomplishment in West Meadows includes:
1. Refinancing the bond debt at a significantly lower rate, enabling the completion of such major projects as construction of a new building/meeting room, expansion of the gym facilities and equipment, addition of the new splash pad pool area, and installation of a state of the art security system, with no assessment increases.
2. After years of negotiations with the developer, finally annexed the property (for back taxes only) on New Tampa Blvd and Highwoods Preserve (adjacent to the Community Center and Stone Ridge).
3. Maintaining the Community Club to a level of excellence that makes it a showplace and enhances property values. This includes new playground equipment, a new lighted tennis court, new paint and furnishings inside and out, new signage and new heaters, chillers and pool lifts making the pool usable year round for everyone including the handicapped.
4. Hiring OLM, a landscape management company that inspects and evaluates the CDD property monthly to evaluate the performance of the area’s landscaping company relative to its written contract. A detailed checklist of deficiencies is prepared and delivered along with an achievement score. Monthly payment to the landscaper depends on the rating achieved. This system has resulted in major improvements in the quality of the CDD’s landscaping.
5. Maintains street lighting, ponds and storm runoff.
6. Meets all auditing and engineering requirements and guidelines.
7. Oversees that all area bonds are paid on time so that they will terminate as planned in 2018.
[ About the Community Club ]
Community Club membership is free to all West Meadows residents who are current in their CDD dues. Non-residents may use the club facilities if accompanied by a resident in which case a fee of $2.00/person or $5.00/family applies.
Non-residents may use the facilities without being accompanied by a resident either by paying a $20/day usage fee or joining the club for an annual fee of $1,800, renewable for $1,000/year thereafter.
The club is open 7-days a week from 8:30 am until 9 pm. Pool hours are from 8:30 am until dusk. If there is lightning in the area, all pools will close for safety reasons. No food, alcohol or other drinks are permitted in the pool or splash pad area.